This course will include a recap on the principles of Making Information Easy to Read and Understand Level 1 and then look at how delegates can develop and improve their skills.
The course will help delegates work with longer and more complex documents and will focus on:
- developing your use of easy to understand language
- inclusion of relevant information
- dividing information up into useful sections
- putting your document in a meaningful order
- glossaries and indexes.
After this course delegates will
- work out the relevant information to be included in an easy read document
- structure long or complex documents so they are easy to follow
- get feedback on work they have completed and advice for developing their skills further.
Follow up session
All delegates will be invited to a follow up session a few weeks after this course. You will be able to meet up with your fellow learners and the tutor for a trouble shooting, advice and feedback session.
Anyone who has attended Making information easy to read and understand – level 1 or who has experience of writing information in Easy Read.