This one day course will help you make information easier to read and understand for people with a learning disability.
This course will help you to produce
- minutes from meetings
After the course you will be able to
- use clear words, sentences and grammar
- work out the relevant information to be included in an easy read document
- use pictures and images to make information clear
- structure documents so they are easy to follow
- get going straightaway making accessible documents.
This course is designed for anyone who writes and produces written information that needs to be clearly understood, especially by people with a learning disability.
About the trainer
Maggie has thoroughly enjoyed working with Adults with a learning disability for the last 22 years. She is part of the Community Learning Disability Health Team, Speech and Language Therapy Service. There she works with carers and service users to understand the various ways we communicate and what can be difficult for people with a learning disability. Maggie supports people to develop communication approaches that everyone can access.