Free 3 hour training on assessment and care planning
Do you have a learning disability?
Do you want to find out about your rights are and how to be involved in your assessment and care planning?
In 2016 a new law came in called the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act. There are new rules about how local authorities should assess people for care and support, draw up and deliver care plans based on their assessment.
What does the training cover?
The learning is interactive and includes presentation, discussion and group work.
- Getting you to think about what you need help with.
- Getting you to think about what ‘matters to you’.
- What to do if you need care and support.
- Your Assessment.
- What well-being is.
- How to be involved.
- What you can get help with.
- Your Care and Support Plan.
- Your Review.
- ‘Postcard from the future’.
- Quiz to check out what you have learnt.
Who is the training for?
If you are part of a group or organisation the trainers can come to your office and train a group of people.
You are welcome to bring your family carer or supporter along with you if you want to.
Who are the trainers?
We have experienced trainers to deliver the training, some who have a learning disability themselves.
What materials are there?
• You will have a training workbook to use and take away.
• Group work includes using pictures and sticky labels.
• You will get an easy read booklet on assessment and care planning.
If you are interested in us delivering this training for you fill in the form below or call Inacia on 029 2068 1160
Update: June 2019. The free training has now been taken. We are still able to offer the training at a reasonable cost for you or your group. Please enquire.