NHS Choices in England have produced an excellent easy read guide to staying well this winter.
The easy read guide has lots of information and advice about
looking after yourself and others in the cold weather,
- Seeing your pharmacist if you are feeling ill
- Getting your flu jab
- Keeping warm - there are 6 top tips to keeping warm
- Checking your medicine cabinet
- Looking out for other people
- and where to go for the right medical care.
There are also handy sections for writing down your local
pharmacy's phone number, and the things you need to remember to do
The easy read leaflet is part of a wider campaign called Stay
Well This Winter, that has information and advice about looking
after your health during winter for:
- Women who are pregnant
- Parents of a 2 or 3 year old
- People who are living with a long term health condition
- People aged 65 and over
Stay Well This
Winter easy read version can be downloaded for free at the Stay
Well This Winter website.
There are also large print, audio and BSL versions