Learning Disability Wales wants people with a learning disability to have the personalised technology they need to lead independent, healthy, connected and safe lives.
The All Wales Personalised Technology Community of practice was established in summer 2019 to promote independence, choice and control for people with a learning disability through the person centred use of technology. The new community practice has grown from a smaller group that we have been facilitating for two years.
The group’s aims are:
- To promote the ethical use of personalised technology.
- To promote independence, choice and control for people with a learning disability through the person centred use of technology.
The group meets quarterly to:
- Promote the use of personalised technology
- Collaborate and share good practice
- Decide its priorities of work
- Collaborate on agreed actions to achieve desired outcomes within specified timescales.
Membership is free and open to commissioners, education, employment, family carers, health, housing, people with a learning disability, self-advocacy, support providers, transport, research, Welsh Government.
Please help us collect stories
We want to publish good practice stories of people using technology in their lives and the difference it makes. Please use either:
Tell us about you and technology – download the document and fill it in or
Tell us about you and technology – online form