This conference will look at how we can invest in a better
future for people with a learning disability by changing the way we
do things and doing different things.
The world around us is changing and the money we have to help us
adjust is decreasing. We must promote well-being and ensure
rights are protected now and in the future. To do this we
need to adapt and meet changing expectations by exploring all the
resources we have available, including new technology.
- Huw Irranca-Davies AM, Minister for Children, Older People and
- Sally Holland, Children's Commissioner for Wales
Drama from Hijinx Theatre
- The future of support
- Improving Lives programme
- Raising aspirations and expectations
- Promoting independence, dignity and control with mainstream
- Encouraging reasonable adjustments in hospitals
The conference theme will draw on the relevant key laws and
policies in Wales:
- The Wellbeing of Future Generations Act
- Social Services and Well-being Act
- Prosperity for All
- Improving Lives
||Tuesday 13 November
|Wednesday 14 November
|Person with a learning disability
Family / unpaid carer / Student
|Paid carer supporting someone on the day
Concessionary tickets are available to organisations with an annual
income of under one million pounds.
Group booking discount: 10% reduction on all
fees for bookings of 5 or more paying delegates.
All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Holiday Inn Newport
Questions and queries
If you have any questions or queries about All our
futures contact Harriett on 029 2068 1161 or
This conference is part of our Valued Lives