This event is sponsored by Vaughan Gething MS Minister for Economy.
The Engage to Change project has been working across Wales since 2016 to support young people aged 16-25 who have a learning difficulty, learning disability and/or autism to achieve their full potential in employment.
Using a person-centred approach, Engage to Change works closely with young people, their parents/carers and employers to:
- overcome barriers to employment
- develop transferable skills
- offer unpaid work experience
- provide paid supported employment
- find volunteering opportunities
- offer access to supported internships, traineeships and apprenticeships.
Join us at The Pierhead in Cardiff Bay on Tuesday 12 September 2023 as we share the project outcomes, research findings and stories from project participants.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from our success and join us in our mission to empower young people with learning disabilities and autism into work.
- Hefin David MS
- Dr Steven Beyer, Cardiff University
- John Rose, OBE Wales Director, National Lottery Community fund
- Angela Kenvyn, Engage to Change Project Manager
- Gerraint Jones-Griffith, Engage to Change Project Ambassador
A light lunch will be provided.
Date: Tuesday 12 September 2023
Time: 12:00 – 1:30
The Engage to Change project is delivered in partnership between Learning Disability Wales, Agoriad Cyf, All Wales People First, Cardiff University, ELITE Supported Employment and in collaboration with DFN Project SEARCH. The project is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund in partnership with Welsh Government via the Getting Ahead 2 programme.