We want Wales to be the best country in the world for people with a learning disability to live, learn and work. Our policy work plays a central role in this by influencing government so people with a learning disability can enjoy the same rights as everyone else in Wales.
We do this through working with people with a learning disability and their families, Welsh Government, local authorities, disabled people’s organisations and the voluntary sector so we can create a better Wales for all people with a learning disability.
Policy work is a central part of fulfilling this vision. We are working actively to:
- Create a society that includes, values and respects people with a learning disability.
- Create an inclusive education system for children and adults with and without a learning disability.
- Close the learning disability employment gap.
- Create a political system in which laws, policy and practices are co-produced with people with a learning disability and in which disabled people have real control in making decisions about issues that affect them.
- Ensure that people with a learning disability have control of their own lives.