We want Wales to be the best country in the world for people with a learning disability to live, learn and work. Our policy work plays a central role in this by influencing government so people with a learning disability can enjoy the same rights as everyone else in Wales.
We do this through working with people with a learning disability and their families, Welsh Government, local authorities, disabled people’s organisations and the voluntary sector so we can create a better Wales for all people with a learning disability.
Policy work is a central part of fulfilling this vision. We are working actively to:
- Create a society that includes, values and respects people with a learning disability.
- Create an inclusive education system for children and adults with and without a learning disability.
- Close the learning disability employment gap.
- Create a political system in which laws, policy and practices are co-produced with people with a learning disability and in which disabled people have real control in making decisions about issues that affect them.
- Ensure that people with a learning disability have control of their own lives.
Keep up-to-date with all our policy work at our news section and our Twitter and Facebook social pages.
For more information on our policy work please get in touch with our Policy Officer Grace Krause. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 029 2068 1160.