This one day course will provide participants with an introduction to Positive Behavioural Support; an evidence based approach to improving well-being and reducing challenging behaviour with people with a learning disability and other vulnerable groups.
After the course participants will be able to:
- Understand some key concepts regarding behaviour
- Define Challenging behaviour
- Consider values and ethical intervention
- Define the key characteristics of Positive Behavioural Support
- Describe a three stage Positive Behaviour Support Plan
- Sign post to more in-depth accredited training in PBS
Senior managers, first line managers, family members, carers and support workers.