Once you have booked on the course we will send you full instructions on how to join the session.
This is a free course. It lasts 2 hours and takes place on-line. 10.00am – 12.00pm
Social distancing is changing the way we work, how we support people and how we provide people with the information they need.
Something that can help is making sure that the written information we share is clear and easy to understand.
This session will introduce you to the basics of making information easy to read and understand for people with a learning disability.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to make their written information more accessible, especially for people with a learning disability.
The course will include
- Plain language
- Sentence structure
- Page layout and design
- Using images
How the session will work
- When you register you will sent instructions on how to join the online session. Please check you have the right equipment, see below.
- Your tutor will lead you through the course, you will be shown information and examples on screen as well as being able to see you fellow delegates and trainer.
- You will be able to ask questions and discuss the methods with the tutor and fellow delegates.
- You will have the opportunity to create a piece of easy read. The tutor will contact you at an agree time after the course and give you one to one feedback and advice.
- After the session has finished you will be emailed all the course materials.