Supporting people with a learning disability
This is a free course. From 10.00am – 11.00am
The aim of the training is to increase awareness of the most common eye conditions and the potential impact these have for people with a learning disability. The session will show the importance of accessing eye care.
Delegates attending this training will get an increased understanding of sight loss for people with a learning disability, and its impact on their lives.
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Have increased awareness of the prevalence of sight loss for people with a learning disability.
- List common eye conditions and their potential impact.
- Describe how sight loss and unidentified sight loss can impact on a person’s life and behaviour.
- Discuss potential barriers for people with a learning disability to access eye care
- Know where to find resources associated with this module
This training has been developed and is delivered by RNIB.
Who this course is for
This course is for anyone working in health or social care who works with people with a learning disability.
You may also be interested in the training session Behaviour and sight loss available on:
Once you have booked on the course we will send you full instructions on how to join the session.
Anyone booking on this course will have their names and email addresses shared with RNIB for the purposes of course administration and facilitation only. Learning Disability Wales will not share your information with anyone else.