We want Wales to be the best country in the world for people with a learning disability to live, learn and work. Our policy work plays a central role in this by influencing government so people with a learning disability can enjoy the same rights as everyone else in Wales.
We do this through working with people with a learning disability and their families, Welsh Government, local authorities, disabled people’s organisations and the voluntary sector so we can create a better Wales for all people with a learning disability.
Policy work is a central part of fulfilling this vision. We are working actively to:
- Create a society that includes, values and respects people with a learning disability.
- Create an inclusive education system for children and adults with and without a learning disability.
- Close the learning disability employment gap.
- Create a political system in which laws, policy and practice is co-produced with people with a learning disability and in which disabled people have real control in making decisions about issues that affect them.
- Ensure that people with a learning disability have control of their own lives.
You can now find our policy work on our new policy page where we collect all our policy statements and consultation responses as well as statements from others we support. You can also find information on what we are working on at the moment, for example open consultations that we are going to respond to.
The coronavirus pandemic has affected all our areas of policy work. All our work specifically about coronavirus can be found on our coronavirus resources page.
Click here to visit the new policy page