Learning Disability Wales is looking for people to take part in an important new study into how coronavirus is affecting the lives of people with a learning disability in Wales.
We are part of a UK-wide research study, funded by UK Research and Innovation, that begins in mid November.
Right now we are looking for people who would be interested in taking part to please sign our Expression of Interest form.
Why is the study being done?
Coronavirus has led to changes for all of us. New social rules and changes in our day to day lives are not always easy to live with. How have the lives of people with learning disabilities been changed and how do they feel about this? We want to find out from people and then we want to share what we find out with policy makers, services and people themselves regularly during the year.
Who do we want to take part in the study?
We would like to hear from you if:
- you are a person with a learning disability
- you are a parent or unpaid carer of a person with a learning disability
- you are a paid support worker supporting a person with a learning disability or
- you work for an organisation that knows people who might want to share their stories.
Who is doing this study in Wales?
In Wales researchers from the University of South Wales and Cardiff University will be doing the study with help from Learning Disability Wales, the All Wales Forum of Parents and Carers and All Wales People First.
What will taking part involve?
- The researchers want to interview 200 people with a learning disability in Wales.
- Some adults with learning disabilities may not be able to talk to researchers so they want to speak to 100 family carers or paid support staff who could tell researchers about what has happened to those people too
- The researchers will interview people 3 times during the year. The survey interview will be done to suit the person. For example online, face to face (virtual) or by telephone.
- Questions will be about their wellbeing, health, social life, their services, the issues that are worrying them and how coronavirus has affected their lives.
Please sign up your interest
If you are interested or are willing to help us find people to take part please sign up by completing the short Expression of Interest Form here.
By giving us your contact details, you are only saying you are interested in finding out more about the research study. It does not mean that you are agreeing to take part in it.
We will give you more information later on so you can decide if you want to take part. We will not use your contact details for any other reason.
The easy read briefing sheet on the study can be found here
To find out more about the study contact:
Cardiff University Dr. Stephen Beyer email@example.com
Learning Disability Wales Karen Warner: 029 20681160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All Wales People First. Tracey Drew. email@example.com. Phone 07956 082211