This is a free course. From 10.00am – 11.30am
The aim of the training is to increase awareness of common eye conditions, their impact, and their links to potential behaviours for people with a learning disability.
Delegates attending this training will get an increased understanding of sight loss for people with a learning disability, and its impact on behaviour.
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Have increased awareness of the prevalence of sight loss for people with a learning disability.
- List common eye conditions and their potential impact.
- Describe how sight loss and unidentified sight loss can impact on a
- person’s life and behaviour.
- Recognise how someone’s behaviour may be a sign of sight loss.
- Discuss potential barriers for people with a learning disability to access eye care
- Know where to find resources associated with this module
This training has been developed and is delivered by RNIB.
Who this course is for?
This course is for anyone working in health or social care who works with people with a learning disability.
Once you have booked on the course we will send you full instructions on how to join the session.
Anyone booking on this course will have their names and email addresses shared with RNIB for the purposes of course administration and facilitation only. Learning Disability Wales will not share your information with anyone else.