In 2016 a new law came in called the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act. There are new rules about how local authorities should assess people for care and support, draw up and deliver care plans based on their assessment.
This session is interactive and includes presentation, discussion and group work.
Getting you to think about what you need help with.
Getting you to think about what ‘matters to you’.
What to do if you need care and support.
- Your Assessment.
- What well-being means
- How to be involved
- What you can get help with
- Your Care and Support Plan
- Your Review
- ‘Postcard from the future’.
- Quiz to check out what you have learnt.
The session will be delivered by experienced trainers, some who have a learning disability themselves.
What materials will you get?
- You will have a training workbook to use and take away.
- Group work includes using pictures and sticky labels.
- You will get an easy read booklet on assessment and care planning.
This is a 3 hour session which includes breaks and refreshments.