Our annual conference 2018 All our futures looked at how we can invest in a better future for people with a learning disability by changing the way we do things and doing different things.
The world around us is changing and the money we have to help us adjust is decreasing. We must promote well-being and ensure rights are protected now and in the future. To do this we need to adapt and meet changing expectations by exploring all the resources we have available, including new technology.
The conference theme drew on the relevant key laws and policies in Wales:
- The Well-being of Future Generations Act
- Social Services and Well-being Act
- Prosperity for All
- Improving Lives
- Huw Irranca-Davies AM, Minister for Children, Older People and Social Care
- Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Vanessa Morse, Hijinx theatre
- Hannah and Tim Hayes, parents
- Vision 21
- Zoe Richards, Learning Disability Wales Gig Buddies project
- Adrian Roper, Samantha Taylor and Michelle Thomas, Cartrefi Cymru Cooperative