Improvement Cymru are holding 2 workshops in Powys about restrictive practices with:
- Learning Disability Wales
- All Wales People First
- Regional Partnership Boards
- All Wales Forum for Parents & Carers
- Social Care Wales.
Restrictive practices are ways of stopping people from doing something. Or controlling people. For example:
- holding someone down to stop them hurting themselves or others
- giving them medicine to stop them doing something harmful
- making them stay in a room away from other people.
You can read more about restrictive practices in Welsh Government’s “Reducing restrictive practices framework” easy read document.
The workshops are for people with a learning disability and their families. The aim of the workshops is to tell you about:
- the 7 types of restrictive practices
- when it is lawful to use restrictive practices
- how the law protects you and what your rights are.
The workshops will take place in:
- Newtown on 27 March 2023
- Brecon on 28 March 2023
Or you can fill out the easy read booking form here and e-mail it to Tarah.email@example.com.
If you need any help to register, please contact Tarah.firstname.lastname@example.org.