We want more people with a learning disability to get their voice heard in a UK wide study.
Gerraint Jones Griffiths, Lead Ambassador for Engage to Change and Outreach worker at All Wales People First says “The interview was so easy, I didn’t have to do anything, I just had to talk.”
“If you’re watching this video and you’re thinking I wouldn’t mind taking part in this study, then please do it. It’s a fantastic opportunity.”
“Please think about taking part in the study. I cannot express how much they need to hear from you and how important these questions are.”
What is the study?
This is a one year study involving researchers and organisations across the UK to find out and report on how coronavirus is affecting the lives of people with a learning disability.
In Wales, the University of South Wales and Cardiff University are working with Learning Disability Wales, the All Wales Forum of Parents and Carers and All Wales People First.
We can then use all the information we get to help make things different in the future. There are lessons to be learned and people need to listen.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You have a learning disability
- You live with someone who has a learning disability who could be interviewed with support
- You work with people who have a learning disability who could be interviewed with support
If you are interested, then fill out this easy read expression of interest form.
By giving us your contact details, you are only saying you are interested in finding out more about the research study. It does not mean that you are agreeing to take part in it.
You can also find out more information and sign up by contacting:
- Karen Warner at Learning Disability Wales firstname.lastname@example.org or
- your local People First Group or
- Edward Oloidi at email@example.com or on 01443 483042.