This course will help you understand your role in supporting adults with their relationships and sexuality. You will learn how to be er support people to lead happy and fulfilled lives within the context of current legislation and the need to ensure physical and emotional safety. The course raises awareness of issues of personal relationships and sexuality in an open and honest environment where concerns can be shared and explored.
- the importance of relationships
- understanding our own ideas and opinions
- our own roles in supporting people in relationships
- sexuality and sexual relationships
- personal hygiene and sexuality
- sex and the law
- contraception & family planning issues.
For anyone supporting people with learning disabilities who would like to feel more confident in their role when supporting someone looking for, starting, or within a personal relationship.