Over the past eighteen months, the learning disability sector has been coming together to develop a framework and guidance document to help guide and improve commissioning.
The document will be launched on the 5 March, with interactive sessions to bring the document to life and to break it down into concrete steps we can take as a sector.
This was a free event, and gave a brilliant opportunity to be there at the start of something that can revolutionise our services and liberate those we support to be at the centre of their care and support.
- Seek commitment to change commissioning practices
- Ensure families and service users at centre of process
- Influence commissioning practices to focus on ‘a good life’
- Use of good practice examples to influence change
- Identify opportunities to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money are achievable alongside person centred approaches