Study of the lives of people with a learning disability throughout the coronavirus pandemic in Wales
Please can you help us by taking part in our UK wide study…
Ffion, Chair of Caerphilly People First says “It would be great if people with a learning disability in Wales took part in the study. We want people to listen to the voices of people in Wales” Listen to Ffion’s video below (1 minute, 39 seconds).
Sign our EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM or see below for other ways to say you want to take part.
We would like to hear from you if:
- You have a learning disability
- You live with someone who has a learning disability who could be interviewed with support
- You work with people who have a learning disability who could be interviewed with support
We are partners in a UK wide study. We want to find people with a learning disability who will take part in it by talking with researchers in an interview. This can be over the phone or a video call. You can do the interview on your own or with support from a family member, friend or support worker.
The interview will ask you about:
- how you have felt during the pandemic
- what things you might have worried about
- the things you might need support for
- how you got information about coronavirus and if that information was any good.
- the things that have been important to you.
We have 40 people signed up so far! But we want to talk to another 160 people with a learning disability. Let people with learning disabilities in Wales be heard. We want to hear from people:
- over 16 years old
- all over Wales.
- from people from different backgrounds, people who are from Black or Asian communities
- who live in different places such as living independently, in supported living, with their family or in residential care.
Interviews are starting now and will run until the end of January. You can speak to someone on a day and time that suits you.
We can then use all the information we get from 200 people with a learning disability across Wales to help make things different in the future. There are lessons to learned and people need to listen. But they can only listen if lots of people with learning disabilities talk about has happened. So we need people to take part in Wales.
I am interested how do I take part?
- Please sign our easy read Expression of Interest Form or
- get in touch with Karen Warner at Learning Disability Wales email@example.com or
- your local People First Group or
- contact by email or phone Edward Oloidi firstname.lastname@example.org 01443 483042.
Who is doing the study?
A group of researchers and organisations who work for people with a learning disability or their parents and carers across the UK are working together on this study.
UK website: www.covid19learningdisabilities.co.uk